YouTube Music App for PC an alternative for the web service and it allows a user to listen to music without a web browser. More than 90% of people listen to music via YouTube. But while you are using a computer you have to listen to songs from YouTube via a web browser which is sometimes very annoying. Therefore, Google has taken the initiative and developed an App that is designed only for listening to music and watching music videos.
What is YouTube Music App for PC?
YouTube Music Desktop App is a computer application that enables users to access the service directly from a desktop app. The design of this app is quite similar to the web UI, so nothing too spectacular, but you don’t have to use a web browser to listen to youtube music anymore. This app lets a user browse through songs and music videos on YouTube based on genres, playlists, and recommendations. This app is available both free and paid versions. The paid version offers ad-free playback, audio-only background playback, and downloading songs for offline playback which is very convenient.
Features of YouTube Music Desktop App
Unlike the web version of YouTube, this app comes with a lot of features. Let’s take a look at them:
- YouTube Music Desktop App supports media keys like Play, Pause, Stop, Previous, Next
- You can show/hide window after double press the global play/pause media button
- This app has a Desktop notification feature. It will show a notification when tracking changes
- The media controls of this app is embedded into the taskbar for windows version
- This app supports background music playing and it will minimize to the taskbar
- It has an auto-update feature. Always updated with the latest version
- Easy installation – one click and it will install on your computer
- This app shows the lyrics of your favorite music
- You can change the settings to your choice
Geographic Availability of YouTube Music App
Unfortunately, the YouTube Music app is not available all around the world. The service is available in 74 countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong SAR (China), Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Moldova, Malta, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Panama, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Thailand, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
How to Set Up YouTube Music App
After installing the app you have to set up the YouTube music app. Follow these easy steps:
- If you are using YouTube music for the first time then Google will ask if you’d like to start a free 30-day trial of YouTube Music Premium.
- Then this app will ask if you’d like to tell YouTube music which artists you like so that YouTube can start recommending music based on your choice. To do so, the first tap “Let’s go” then tap the artists you’d like to follow and then click done.
- Whether you are a free or paid user, YouTube will ask to access your location so that it can offer up activities-based suggestions, such as energetic music or calming music. Click Allow if you want to get activity-based recommendations.
How to Add a Song to your YouTube Music Library
You can easily add songs to your YouTube music library. If you want to add a song to your library then follow these steps:
- Click the three-dot menu icon next to a song or album you want to add to your library
- Click “Add to liked songs”
- The song will add to the library
How to Create a Playlist in YouTube Music App
You can easily build your own playlist in the YouTube Music app and the process is very simple. The playlist you will build will be visible in the main YouTube app. Follow these steps:
- Tap the three-dot menu icon next to a song in a search result, list, or album you want to add to your library.
- Click “add to playlist”
- Now click on “Create new playlist”
- Name the new playlist
- Select a privacy level for the new playlist
- Choose privacy level: public, unlisted, private
- Now click “Create” to create the playlist and add the first track
Once a playlist is created you can add songs, remove songs, and edit the playlist from YouTube Music, YouTube’s main app, YouTube’s website.
If you have more questions about YouTube Music App for desktop then ask them in the comment section. Our experts will answer them in our continuing coverage of the YouTube Music App.