Remix OS is a computer operating system for personal computers. Jide Technology developed this OS, and it was written in C (core), C++, and Java. This operating system was first launched in 2015, and it’s targeted devices were tablets and computers. Unfortunately, Jide Technology discontinued the development of this OS. Remix OS is a closed-source software that allowed PC users to run Android mobile apps on any compatible Intel-based PC. There were three versions of Remix OS:
- Remix OS for PC
- Remix OS for Remix Ultra-tablet
- Remix OS for Remix Mini
Remix OS for PC was first launched in January 2016, and it was based on Android-x86 and was free to download. This OS had features like hard drive installation, 32-bit support, UEFI support, and OTA updates.On July 17, 2017,Jide Technology announced the discontinuation of Remix OS.
Features of Remix OS for PC
- Remix OS gives access to over 2+ million Android apps and games.User can install these games with a single click from any Android app store
- This OS gives you freedom of choice. You can install any kind of games or apps that best fit your habits and preferences
- Remix OS is licensed as free software for computer and laptop with Windows 32 bit and 64-bit operating system
- Remix OS supports Windows interface with mouse and keyboards
- This OS features system bar and file managers
- Remix OS comes with some pre-installed 3rd party apps
- You can resize the app windows to your preference
- You can right-click to access the context menu as well as use keyboard shortcut
- Remix OS supports Windows 10, 8, and Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
How To Install Remix OS 2.0 on USB Drive
- Torrent Downloading Client
- Remix OS 2.0 and Remix OS USB Installer
- USB 3.0
- BIOS should have Legacy Boot Mode Enabled (Or Enable it manually)
- 8 GB USB Drive (FAT32 Format)
- Windows PC
Step 1: Download the version of Remix OS you want from the above link
Step 2: Format the USB Drive and Change the Format to FAT32
Step 3: Now, start the Remix OS USB Tool
Step 4: Add the ISO File to the USB Tool & Select the USB Disk on which you will be installing the Remix OS
Step 5: Click OK and wait for the installer to do its thing
Step 6: When its ﬁnished, reboot your PC and follow the procedure for booting from USB
How to Dual Boot Remix OS with Windows
- A Download Manager/Torrent Downloading Client
- Remix OS 2.0 and Remix OS Installation tool
- UEFI Boot with Secure Boot OFF (for 64-bit) or Legacy BIOS (for 32-bit/64-bit)
- Minimum 8GB space on Hard Disk
Step 1: Download the latest version of Remix OS for PC from the above link.
Step 2: Unzip the ﬁle you just downloaded, and you should have three ﬁles: a text ﬁle with instructions, an installer ﬁle, and an ISO ﬁle which is the disc image.
Step 3: Run the Remix OS Installation Tool.exe application and make sure Type and Drive settings at the bottom are correct.
Step 4: Click the Browse button next to the box that says ISO File and selects the large disc image you just downloaded. It should be called something like Remix OS for PC_x86_64-B2016xxxxxx.iso.
Step 5: Click the button that says OK to start the installation.
Step 6: When you reboot your computer, you should see a new boot option for Remix OS. Select that option using the arrow keys on your keyboard and hit enter.
Step 7: This next step should take 15 – 30 minutes, depending on your computer’s hardware. Remix OS is creating a new 8GB partition on your hard drive and installing the operating system in that space.
Step 8: When everything is ﬁnished, Remix OS will boot for the ﬁrst time, and you can start using this desktop-style, Android-based operating system.
How to Uninstall Remix OS
- To uninstall the Remix OS from your computer run the “UninstallRemixOS” from your computer
- It will delete the files and the entry from the Windows Boot Manager
- Now, delete the “data.img” and the “.disk” folder from your computer
- Finally, reboot your computer
If you follow these steps accordingly, then you can easily install the Remix OS on your computer. However, if you face any problem, then let us know in the comment section. Our experts will provide the solutions.