The warped tour is an annual music festival that took place in the United States. It has been around since 1995 and is organized by the Warped Tour LLC.
The idea for a summertime music festival came about when Kevin Lyman, who was one of the co-founders of the American leg of the Warped Tour, wanted to create a music festival that was not dependent on the weather as much as other festivals are. The original name of the event was “Warped Summer Tour,” but it later became known as “Warped Tour.”
The event is sponsored by various brands, such as Mountain Dew and Fila. It also features a large variety of bands, including heavy metal groups such as Iron Maiden and Bullet for My Valentine, punk rock bands like Rancid and NO.
The warped tour provides fans with an immersive experience where they can hear their favorite artists, dance the night away, and enjoy games and other activities such as crafting sessions, face painting, or photo booths.
Warped tours are increasingly popular as festivals to attend in America. They are often seen as more affordable alternatives to other festivals such as Coachella or Lollapalooza. With the popularity of the festivals on rise, it’s no wonder why they have been able to garner so much attention from both fans and artists alike.
Warped Tour History in Detail
The Warped Tour is an annual music festival held in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Its main focus is touring alternative rock bands. The festival was started in 1995 by Kevin Lyman and his friend, Greg Best who wanted to create a tour that would cater to hardcore punk and metal fans.
The line-up for the first year included 13 bands that were: Korn, Fear, Body Pit, Jerry’s Kids, Powerman 5000 (David Lee Roth playing with this band), The Offspring (playing their first-ever show), Soulfly (their first show ever), The Descendents, Dope (their first show as well), Verbal Abuse and many more.
The idea originated from the original Vans Warped Tour which was created in 1994 by Kevin Lyman. The tour, which started as a DIY punk rock show in the East Bay Area, has now grown to over 600 shows across North America and Europe.
The first Warped Tour event consisted of 100 bands performing at 7 venues in 1 day with 3 stages on June 21st, 1995, in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. Since then it has grown far and wide.
– Today: had a total attendance of 1,000,000 people from 162 different countries over 4 days.
– In its heyday: had a total attendance of 8 million people in 6 countries over 5 days.
Throughout its history, the Warped Tour has evolved and changed slightly to reflect different audiences. It started as a punk festival in 1995 and then expanded to include alternative music in 1996. In 2002, it was rebranded as an “Alternative Rock” festival. It has since changed again to become an “Indie Fest” in 2003 and finally became a summer-long festival in 2005 that includes punk, metal, indie rock, emo, and more.
The most recent change was taken place in 2017 when it was rebranded as “Warped Summer.”
Warped Summer Festival Tour Ticket Price
Warped is a unique, progressive, and socially conscious festival that delivers a diverse selection of music and art. This year’s Warped Summer Festival Tour will feature A Tribe Called Quest, Anohni, DMX, Flying Lotus, Janelle Monáe, and more artists. Get your tickets here!
|Venue Location||Festival Center/Venue||Ticket Price (Minimum)|
|Charlotte||PNC Music Pavilion||$57|
|Chicago||Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre||$66|
Warped Tour Hits Seven Cities in the Northeast
The Warped Tour has spent the last few years traveling across America, bringing in bands and music to new places. This year, it has hit seven different cities in the Northeast.
The tour started on June 22nd in Philadelphia at Festival Pier, which is located alongside Penn’s Landing. The other six stops include New York City (July 12), Worcester, Massachusetts (July 20), Boston (July 26), Baltimore, Maryland (August 3), Virginia Beach, Virginia (August 10) and Richmond, Virginia at Richmond Raceway Complex on August 17th.
This tour has been a long time coming for all of the bands that will be playing on it. The Warped Tour is one of the most popular tours around due to its array of musicians and unique style; this tour is no exception.
The Warped Tour Hits-
- New York City,
- Washington D.C.
- Baltimore, and Pitt
The Warped Tour is a traveling annual concert tour based in the United States. The tour has been around since 1995 and tours all over North America and Europe every summer.
Why Does Warped Tour Still Matter?
Warped Tour has had many ups and downs over the years and has seen some changes in its lineup and size. However, despite these changes, it still remains important and relevant for many people.
Warped Tour has always been a platform for young musicians to showcase their talent and Warped Tour still continues to be the celebration of youth culture. Today, there is a lot of talk about how millennials love technology, but they are also very nostalgic with some of their favorite pastimes coming back into style – like Warped Tour.
Warped Tour has been around for nearly 30 years now and it is still one of the most popular festivals in the United States. Warped Tour often serves as a platform for bands that are soon to break out such as Fall Out Boy, Busted, Sum 41, Blink-182, and My Chemical Romance.
Warped Tour also has a special place in history as it was the first music festival to invite artists from underground scenes such as punk and metal to share the same stage with mainstream pop stars such as Michael Jackson and Madonna.
Warped Tour’s influence will not be done until its final day on September 3rd when Blink-182 kicks off its final performance before retiring.
Warped Tour Lineup List
1. The Juicy J – Rap& Hip-Hop act out of Memphis, Tennessee that has been nominated for 3 Grammys and has released 5 platinum albums since 2006.
2. The Avenged Sevenfold – Rock& Metal band from Los Angeles, California that formed in 2001 and has sold over 15 million albums worldwide since 2007.
3. Anberlin – Pop rock from Orlando, Florida that was signed to DreamWorks Records in 2005 and has a total of five studio albums with two gold certifications and one platinum certification on the RIAA.
Here are some genres that will be covered in 2022:
- Punk rock: Punk rock is one of the most influential subgenres in music. The genre will be returning to the airwaves in 2022 as part of a new tour, called “Warped Tour.” This year’s version of the tour will launch with four days of live bands and DJ sets, and then will progress into a full-blown three-day punk rock festival.
- Alternative rock: Warped Tour is an alternative rock festival that has been happening in the United States for over 25 years. This event features a variety of artists from different genres such as hip-hop, metal, punk and more.
- Metalcore: Metalcore is a subgenre that incorporates elements from hardcore punk and metal music. It began in the late 1990’s with bands such as Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, My Chemical Romance, and Linkin Park. The genre is known for its socially themed lyrics and energetic live performances. The first metalcore song was released in 1998 by Dance for the Dying and many more followed soon after.
- Hardcore punk: The first ever hardcore punk tour is set to take place in 2022 and will be a unique experience for those who love the genre.
- Post-hardcore punk rock: Punk rock is a genre that has been around for decades. It started with the Ramones and it has evolved to cover a wide variety of vocal styles, instruments, and subgenres.
- Emo rock/punk rock revivalist: Emo rock, or punk rock revivalism, is a genre of music that emerged in the early 2000s. It is influenced by groups like Blink-182 and Green Day.
- Pop-punk among others: Pop-punk is a genre of music that originated in the mid-1980s, with pop punk bands such as Green Day and Blink-182. The genre is known for its fast tempo and catchy melodies. Punk rockers can expect to see plenty of pop-punk acts at the warped tour 2022.
What is vans warped tour 2022?
Vans Warped Tour is an American rock festival held annually in the summer in cities across the United States. It is the longest-running traveling music festival in America.
Here is a timeline of VANS Warped Tour Timeline:
- Vans has been sponsoring tours since 1996 and they’re still the main sponsor to this day.
- In 1997, The Vans Warped Tour went international and included venues in Europe, Canada, Japan, and the U.S.
- It began its North American tour in 1999, travelling through New Zealand, Australia and Hawaii before taking a break and then resuming in the U.S. The tour continued through the summer and you could find it throughout Europe
- In 2009, festivals took a big change and bands were given 40-minute sets instead of the traditional 30 minutes across the previous two stages. The decision to shorten shows during the 2012 tour remains controversial and while some argue that it offers increased accessibility, others argue the opposite. Time will tell if it’s worth making such a drastic change in the future for international Big Bang concerts.
- In 2012, the Warped Tour travelled to London for the first time in 15 years. In 2015, Warped Tour returned to London for a second round of shows.