Messaging is a communication method that is delivered by various means, including courier, telegraphy, carrier pigeon, and electronic bus. Text messaging is a common feature of smartphones. Text messaging refers to a process of composing and sending electronic messages between two or more users of smartphones or other electronic devices. People use text messages for personal, family, business, and social purposes. But there are some occasions when you might require blocking text messaging. In this article, our experts have discussed how you can block text messages in iOS and Android phones.
- 1 How to Block Message in iOS Mobile Phones
- 2 Block Message from Known Contacts and Phone Numbers
- 3 Block Message from Unknown Contacts and Phone Numbers
- 4 Block Message Using Setting Option
- 5 How to Block Message in Android Mobile Phones
- 6 Block Text Message from Known Contacts and Phone Numbers
- 7 Block the Number Directly from the Message
- 8 Block Text Message Using Third-Party Apps
- 9 Final Thoughts
How to Block Message in iOS Mobile Phones
There are many ways you can block text messaging in iOS mobile phones. All of these methods are simple and easy. Apply any of these methods that best suits you.
Block Message from Known Contacts and Phone Numbers
BlockingMessage from known contacts and phone numbers is very easy in iOS. In order to blocMessage, tap the Message from the contact you want to block. Then, tap on their name, and it will revealthe option that includes the Audio, Facetime, and Info.Now tap on the info option and then tap on the arrow to the right of the phone icon next to their name. Now, scroll down and select Block, this Caller.
Another way to block messages from known contacts is from the setting. First, go to the setting option of your mobile. Then click onMessage and select Blocked Contacts. From there, tap “add new” to add a new blocked contact.With both this method, you block the contact from phone calls and FaceTime calls. So you don’t have to go to the Phone and FaceTime apps and settings to block the same person again.
Block Message from Unknown Contacts and Phone Numbers
Unfortunately, you can’t block messages from unknown contacts and phone numbers using the above methods. But you can filter and separate them from the people you know. So, to do this, first go to the setting option on your phone. Then select Message and then toggle on the Filter Unknown Senders option. Once you do this, it will create a new tab in your Messages app called Unknown Senders. So all the messages from unknown contacts will go there, and you will not notify them for these messages.
Block Message Using Setting Option
- First, go to the setting option on your mobile
- Now select the “Messages” option
- Set the “Send as SMS” toggle switch to the “Off” position
- Set the MMS Messaging and Group Messaging options in the SMS/MMS section to the “Off” position
- Now return to the main Settings screen
- Then select the “General” option
- Now select “Cellular,” and then set the Cellular Data option to the “Off” position
How to Block Message in Android Mobile Phones
There are many ways you can block messaging in Android mobile phones. Let’s check them out.
Block Text Message from Known Contacts and Phone Numbers
If you are using an Android smartphone, then you can easily block text messages from known contacts and phone numbers. Follow these simple steps:
- First, open Message from your mobile
- Now press the Menu located at the upper-right corner
- Then select Blocked Contacts
- Now tap”Add a number” to add a number you wish to block
- Click save and continue
Block the Number Directly from the Message
You can block SMS from a specific person directly from the Message. This method is very easy to apply. First, open the conversation thread from the Message. You will see three dots in the upper right corner. Click there, and a pop-up menu will appear. From there, choose”People and Options”Now tap on”Block this number,” then tap the”Bloc” button to confirm the process.
Block Text Message Using Third-Party Apps
If you are an Android phone user, then you can easily block text messages with a third-party app.TrueCaller is a very popular app that people use to block unwanted calls and text messages. Follow these easy steps:
- First, download and install the TrueCaller app on your mobile
- Now open the app and set your profile and verify your number
- Then locate spam numbers from your call logs and message logs
- Now return to the home screen of the app and from the left sidebar choose’ Block.’
- Now tap the “+” icon to add recently identified spammed phone number/SMS
- Now type the number and block it and any other future SMS from that spammer
I hope you find this article helpful and learn how you can activate message block for iOS and Android phones. If there is anything you want to know or facing problems while applying any of the above methods, then don’t hesitate to ask a question in the comment section. Our team of experts will answer your questions and provide solutions.