Keynote is a very popular Apple application for creating presentations. This is a default application for Apple devices. This app was originally designed for Mac OS computers from Apple and then for the iOS smartphones, including iPhone and iPad. Unfortunately, this app is not available for Windows PC, and there is no way you can open the application in Windows. But you can open keynote files in windows PC or can use an alternative method to convert those files in a Windows suitable alternative.
How to Open Keynote File on Windows PC
We already know that there is no Keynote for Windows PC, but there is a way you can open Keynote files on PC. You will need a PDFelement tool installed on your computer. Now follow these easy steps to open the Keynote file on your Windows PC.
- Step 1: First, you have to export Keynote file to PDF. To do so, you have to open the Keynote file. Now from the “File” dropdown menu, click on “Export to > PDF.”
- Step 2: Now open the PDF in PDFelement. PDFelement tool will export your keynote file in a PDF format. The fonts and format of the file will not change a bit. Now open the PDF version of your presentation in PDFelement by clicking the “Open File” button.
- Step 3: Now, you can edit the Keynote file on your windows computer. First, click on the “edit” menu, and edit text, images, or anything you want. Once you have done editing you can save the file to any other format suitable for Windows like you can save the file to PowerPoint.
5 Best Keynote Alternatives for Windows PC
There are many alternatives available for Keynote that you can use on your windows computer. Our experts have made a list of 5 best Keynote alternatives for windows PC. Let’s have a look at them!
PDFelement is an excellent PDF tool that you can use in Windows computer as an alternative to Keynote. This tool is user-friendly with a beautiful look, features, and functionality. Everything of this tool looks simple and basic. This app provides everything that you need, like create, edit, and convert PDF files. With this tool, you can easily convert keynote files into PPT files, without losing any format or fonts. Download the PDFelement free here!
- Microsoft Office alike interface
- Many features for editing and annotating documents
- Support conversion to multiple different formats
- Create fillable forms, including XFA
- Features like password, permission, redaction, and digital signature
This is an open-source application and loved by most of the computer enthusiasts. If you are looking for something that is compatible like Office and you don’t have to buy Microsoft Office, then this is the application you need. This app has cross-platform availability, which is very convenient. This app is free and supports new formats like PPT, PPTX, and DOCX files. The interface of this application is constantly redesigned to meet the needs of the users.
- The app is completely free
- Open-source application
- Cross-platform availability
- Compatibility with Microsoft Office Formats
03. Google Slides
This is web-based presentation software, and it is very popular among users around the world. You can also use this presentation software as an alternative to Keynote. Through Google Slides, you can have access to G Suite and other Google Apps. This app is free, but for advance uses, you will have to purchase the G Suite subscription plan for access to more advanced features. Some of the paid features include video embedding, collaborative editing, animations, and more. The price of the basic plan is $5 per month and $25 per month for the enterprise option.
- User-friendly interface
- Loads fast
- Support multiple user edit at the same time
Prezi is a very popular online presentation tool, and it’s free-form presentation software. This is excellent software for creating presentations that are informal and with unstructured information. This software works slightly differently from other presentation tools. Instead of using slides, Prezi creates presentations that zoom in and out of a single canvas. The best part of this software is; it allows anyone with an idea to create dynamic and unique non-linear presentations.
- Unique and dynamic presentations
- Free of cost
- Zoom in and out feature
Canva is a free but premium online graphics tool that you can use as an alternative to Keynote. Canva is very easy to use. With a wide range of features, this is very popular among computer users around the world. Some of the key features are drag and drop design creation, illustrations, layouts, fonts, etc. You can easily create your own layout and turn your idea into a design that can be shared, printed, or shown as a presentation. Or you can also choose from thousands of templates to create your presentation.
- Easy to use and simple
- Great editing features
- Create your own layout
I hope this article helps you find an alternative to Keynote for Windows 7.8,10 and beyond. Let us know what alternative you are using for Keynote. Feel free to share your opinion in the comment section.