Surveillance to maintain public order and citizen safety has always been a matter for the Keepers of Law and Order to look after. But the current atmosphere of criminality and fear has driven common decent citizens to start looking after themselves. CCTV’s are selling like hotcakes. But Security and keeping the Law is still a Police matter. Unless the owner is himself a Policeman, the observations from a CCTV, however unobtrusively mounted, are futile. But IPOLIS App, released by the Hanwha Techwin Company, offers just this centralized connecting platform. All the primary sensors, like CCTVs, can be connected wirelessly, and all channels can be observed and recorded continuously. But IPOLIS App can also be connected to the local as well as Central Police Stations to provide crime data and alerts. At the same time, since this App is basically compatible with iOS and Android devices only, the limited user can only be augmented by extending IPOLIS for PC compatibility to PCs and Macs.
What does IPOLIS Offer?
IPOLIS For PC App offers simultaneous viewing and recording of multiple channels. The observations can be transmitted directly to the Police Authorities. Live video can be analyzed, zoomed and recorded, latest crime news and trends reported, and criminals and suspects identified. Alerts can be sent, not only by the Police but also from the User to the Police.
- Up-to 1000 cameras can be registered.
- Functions include search, playback, bookmark, etc.
- It naturally supports Android and iOS, but by using Emulator Apps, this can be extended to include Windows PCs and Macs.
- Live streaming video with PTZ control is available.
- Dynamic Domain Naming service is available.
1. Live video is available continuously.
2. Video recording can be searched, with playback, and also codified and stored in the cloud.
3. The mobile version is free and open-source.
4. Control functions like pan, tilt, and zoom are fully available. The flexible monitoring function is available at finger touch.
5. Early warning systems are in place, and the Authorities can be warned in advance.
5. Existing criminals and suspects can be identified, with Face Recognition Technology and advice from the Police.
Background of the App
The Samsung IPOLIS Mobile v2.6 App is one of the several major versions in the market now to provide remote viewing, to offer a range of new user-friendly features, as well as improved security. The original Hanhwa Techwin Company is now working with the Korean giant to parcel and distribute this wonderful safety technology worldwide.
Installation For PC
This software has been uploaded only on PlayStore and is therefore intended for use on Android platforms only. So this can be downloaded on PC only by using an Emulator. The process is as follows.
- First download a suitable Emulator, such as Bluestaks or the Nox.
- Open the app and then Google Folder (also open Google Account at this stage) to select the Playstore App.
- Download the IPOLIS app from the Playstore onto the PC.
How to Install IPOLIS on Mac
In order to install the IPOLIS on your Mac device, you must have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac Device. If you have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac device then follow these easy steps:
- First, open the Android Emulator from your Mac device
- Now login to the Google Play Store
- Search the “IPOLIS” in the store
- Now install the app from the store, or
- If you have IPOLIS on your Mac device, then drag and drop the APK file into the emulator to install the App
- Now open the IPOLIS app and use it on Mac PC