Skype is a telecommunication application that provides VoIP service and lets users make and receive free voice and video calls over the internet using a computer, web browser, mobile phone, or other smart devices. This application was first released in August 2003 and since then it has become a very popular communication application among the professional.
Skype for business is a part of the Microsoft Office suite and it integrates common channels of business communication and online meetings, including instant messaging, presence, VoIP, voicemail, file transfers, video conferencing, web conferencing, and email. Skype is best suited for home and small businesses where Skype for Business is great for a large business. While using Skype for the business you can add up to 250 people to online meetings and it also provides enterprise-grade security.
Skype for Business is packed with useful features but it also has some key disadvantages. Skype for Business consumes a lot of Ram thus makes the computer very slow; moreover, it launches automatically when you open the computer which is very annoying sometimes. So if you are wondering how to uninstall the Skype for Business then read this article. After reading the article you will learn how to disable and uninstall Skype for Business from your computer.
Features of Skype for Business
- Skype for Business lets you conduct audio, video, and web conferences on the go
- Up to 250 people can join a meeting on Skype for Business
- You can integrate the Skype for Business with the Outlook plugin and schedule online meetings through Outlook with a single click
- The web scheduler feature of Skype for Business helps you schedule a range of business meetings
- You can view and adjust the details for a particular meeting
- Skype for Business lets a user send invitations to people to join a meeting
- Single-Touch Join feature lets employees join the meeting with a single click
- Multi-Party HD Video feature lets 6 people simultaneously view 1080p resolution videos
- Skype for Business allows users to share desktop screens, Excel sheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Skype for Business provides various meeting controls and presenter controls
- Skype for Business offers customized participant views:
- Gallery View
- Speaker View
- Presentation View
- Compact View
- Skype for Business provides various web conferencing tools like a virtual whiteboard and annotations
- Skype for Business lets you broadcast content to over 10,000 attendees and it’s a perfect solution for conducting webinars
- Skype for Business users can upload different types of files that include excel files, PowerPoint presentations, notes, etc.
How to Uninstall Skype for Business
If you are using Office 365 Skype for Business then it is impossible to uninstall it from the computer unless you have completely removed the Microsoft Office site. So you can disable the Skype for business. Though there are few professional tools available those will help you uninstall Skype for Business as well as clean the leftovers.
Method 1 – Uninstall Skype for Business via Settings
- First click on the Start Menu of your computer
- Then go to the settings and click on it
- Now from the available options click on the Apps
- Here you will see all the installed app of your computer
- Now locate the Skype for Business and click on it
- Then from the available option click on the Uninstall button
- A pop-up window will come, click on the Uninstall button again and it will complete the process
Method 2 – Uninstall Skype for Business via Control Panel
- First, go to the search bar and type Control Panel
- From the result click on the Control panel and then navigate to Programs and then click on the Programs and Features
- Here you will see all the installed programs of your computer
- Now from the list select Skype for Business
- Then click on the Uninstall button from the above menu
- A pop-up window will come, click on the Uninstall button again and it will complete the uninstallation process
Method 3 – Uninstall Skype for Business via Registry
- First, go to the search bar and type Registry Editor
- Now right click on the Registry Editor and select Run as Administrator
- Now view the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall
- Then choose the Skype folder and then double-click the UninstallString registry setting
- Copy the value filed and closes the registry editor
- Now open the Run command
- Then insert the copied value into the text field and click the OK button
- It will take a few times to uninstall Skype for Business
I hope theabove methods have helped youuninstall Skype for Business successfully from your computer. If there is anything you need to ask about Skype for Business then leave your question in the comment section. I will provide you the information.