The large screen and the increasingly life-like images on TV screens are more attractive than the high resolution but comparatively tiny screens of our phones. Now a new app promises to tie the two together, where owners of both smartphones and TVs can stream media from their phones to the TVs. Going a step further, this app can tie the phone with the PC. People working on computers at their offices or at their home offices can now stream data from their highly portable handphones to the stationary PCs running on Windows or Mac, using Allcast for PC.
What does ALLCAST Offer?
Originally the Allcast was envisaged as an iOS app that could stream media from i-phone or i-pad only. But now it is available for smartphones running on Android also. Even more, instead of just the TV as the recipient, now PCs, running on Windows or Mac, can also receive streaming media from phones. Allcast for PC now provides the final link for wireless connectivity between the smartphone and the PC. It can be also ‘free’ to cast, provided advertisements are allowed. Otherwise, Premium casting will remove all advertisements that require a small payment.
1. This Android application, Allcast, allows users to experience streaming music, videos and photos to be transmitted to the PC using an Emulator.
2. Allcast can work with any android device or any Airplay enabled device.
3. It can also work with Roku, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Samsung and Panasonic as well as Google TVs.
4. Content from Dropbox or Google Drive or from their local devices can be streamed.
5. The detection of compatible file types is automatic. The user only has to launch the app and select the media desired.
Developer Koushik Dutta is credited with creating and releasing the Allcast app on the 23rd of December 2014 shortly after Chromecast SDK was released. It is included as Allcast Receiver in Google Play as a companion to the original app ‘Aircast’. Google intentionally tried to break Allcast, in favor of their Chromecast, by releasing an update that disabled all video playback support. But that did not stop Allcast. Users were now allowed to stream directly from Android devices to any other Airplay enabled device.
Installation For PC
This software has been uploaded by the Creators only on PlayStore and is therefore intended for use for Android and iOS platforms only. So this can be downloaded on PC only by using an Emulator. The process is as follows.
- First, download XePlayer from its website, and install it.
- Next download a suitable Emulator, such as Bluestaks.
- Open the app and then Google Folder (also open Google Account at this stage) to select the Playstore App.
- Download the Allcast app from the Playstore onto the PC.
- Now the user must install the apps and wait while it downloads the Emulator. It is now ready to entertain the user.
How to Install AllCast on Mac
In order to install the AllCast on your Mac device, you must have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac Device. If you have an Android Emulator installed on your Mac device then follow these easy steps:
- First, open the Android Emulator from your Mac device
- Now login to the Google Play Store
- Search the “AllCast” in the store
- Now install the app from the store, or
- If you have AllCast APK on your Mac device, then drag and drop the APK file into the emulator to install the App
- Now open the AllCast app and use it on Mac PC